Blessings!

Welcome to my journal! Join me for the year as I see how God uses my blessings to bless others!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

www.benandkatieinhaiti.com

I read about these two newlyweds who packed up and went to Haiti from the Dallas area on Dec 29, 2009 to teach in a Christian school there. I just got through reading their blog, and was thrilled to find a personal way to donate to the people of Haiti. Ben and Katie are volunteering to help the wounded. They are helping take care of 30 children from the Three Angels orphanage. The picture of the kids was heart wrenching. They were so small. So precious. To think they have no parents to care for them at such a frightening, tragic time. I donated $100 via paypal, and asked Katie to use it for the orphanage. I hope to find out more about these two young people, and can't wait to follow their blog.

Guess what???? My daughter just came over and we started talking about Haiti. She mentioned her roommate had a good friend in Haiti. I asked if her name was Katie, and she said, "Yes, Ben & Katie in Haiti." Katie was a Pi Phi at Baylor with my daughter and her roommate. Now that's a small world. Actually, that's a God thing. I laughed as I told her I just found their blog and donated some money, but felt funny sending more because I didn't know anything about them. Now I feel like I know them personally in some small way, and can't wait to support them financially and with lots of prayer. Isn't God so funny???? What are the odds?

2 comments:

  1. But what's their blog? Will you link it on here so people can go and see too?! I'd love to check em out!! I love this small world God gives us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i responded on my own blog - but just hit the "customize" button on the top right of the page when you are signed in. Then you'll be able to re-arrange things, pick different templates (pre-designed colors/formats/etc.) and all sorts of fun stuff. Enjoy


    Happy Days! ~kat
    fosterdoggies.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete