Blessings!

Welcome to my journal! Join me for the year as I see how God uses my blessings to bless others!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Eve

We went out to eat with two other couples on New Year's Eve. Both couples had had an extra hard year in 2009, either financially or circumstances. My husband decided to pick up the bill at the end of the evening. On the way home, he just said that he felt led to buy dinner for them because of the year they had had. I ate lunch with one of the women yesterday, and here is what she told me. God is so funny, by the way, in case you haven't figured that out....

Her and her husband go to a charismatic church in town, and at the New Year's Eve service (that they had gone to before dinner) they were challenged to give their last fruits of the year and their first fruits of the year to the church. They made a donation that night, and planned on sending another one the next day. On the way home, they realized by going to dinner that it would not be their last fruits going to the church, but decided they didn't want to miss out on the fun of the evening. On the way to their car after dinner, her husband realized that by my husband buying dinner, their last fruits still went to the church. I explained to her that this was no coincidence. God uses each of us all the time if you just sit back and realize it. Because of their faithfulness to Him and to the church, He provided a way for them to be obedient. And in the process, my husband got the joy of knowing he was used by God. Isn't He Awesome????

No comments:

Post a Comment