Blessings!

Welcome to my journal! Join me for the year as I see how God uses my blessings to bless others!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I need a place to stay....

Well once again, God sent someone my way. I can't remember a time that I was approached in West Plano for money, but today was the day. As me and a friend headed to our cars in the parking lot of DSW, a young girl, probably 24 or so, came up to us and said... "I'm so embarrassed to ask you this, but I'm trying to get enough money for a place to stay. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol, I really need the money for somewhere to stay." I just laughed to myself, because I had just gone to the bank, so of course the good Lord sent someone my way. I handed her $30 and a small bible. She took the bible reluctantly, and I asked her to read it. As I drove off, I was mad at myself for not taking the time to share the gospel. It's easy to give a tract or a bible, but much more difficult to share your faith. Next time God gives me the opportunity, I'm determined to be more bold. My friend laughed when I gave her money so willingly, and I told her that it was my resolution to have money in hand, ready to give when asked or needed, and it didn't surprise me at all that God had sent another one of his children my way. God bless you whoever you were. I pray you open the Word.....

1 comment:

  1. isn't it just amazing how right around the corner people are hurting, have needs - and we could never know it. I love LOVE the promise that God gives us about being more precious to Him than a sparrow - who He never ever forgets to provide for. I remember the first time that really hit me was in Argentina - just back from a translation weekend where I was spent - emotionally, physically, spiritually drained. How in the world could I study for the exam the next day - but oh, He will supply my needs if I only ask (sparrows don't even do that!)


    love ya auntie!
    kat

    (www.fosterdoggies.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete