Blessings!

Welcome to my journal! Join me for the year as I see how God uses my blessings to bless others!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm hungry...

I went to Waco on Jan. 5th with my daughter to help clean the house before the new school year began. She had a list of errands for me to run, so I set out for the afternoon. When I left Mardel's, I was dragging 10 poster boards and a huge roll of butcher paper. I was miserable. A lady walked up to me in the parking lot, and I thought to myself..... here it goes.... She said she was hungry, and that she hadn't been able to get any money all day long, and did I have any to spare? Knowing I had the money to give in my purse, I said if she could wait a minute, I'd give her some. She realized my situation, and offered to help. She carried my bag for me and helped me get them in the car. I debated whether to give her the $20 or $50, but I was so afraid she was going to use the money for alcohol, I went with the $20. I handed her the bill and a tract. She happily said thank you and ran off, looking at the tract I had given her. She met up with a friend, and they took off across the street. I don't have any idea where the money went, but I just pray she took the time to read the tract, and maybe realized that God loves her. I also laughed at God for putting me in the exact place at that exact moment to give the money, knowing that was my resolution.... not to turn anyone away, and to search out people in need. God always provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment