Blessings!

Welcome to my journal! Join me for the year as I see how God uses my blessings to bless others!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Of Course She's in Line with Me

I was at Dollar Tree buying items for Spark Ministry for the Reno trip in March. I had all kind of toiletry items in my cart. When I was checking out, the lady behind me asked if I was making goodie bags for someone. She was young, in her 30's. I told her about Spark, and that we minister to women at homeless shelters and she got tears in her eyes. She said she was about to cry. When I asked why, she said "that used to be me." She had left an abusive husband, and taken her kids and lived in a homeless shelter for a while. Her parents had just moved her here, and were helping her get on her feet. She's looking for a job. She said how grateful she was to find a homeless shelter that cared about her and took her family in. Pray for Tanya to find a job. She asked about Spark and I gave her my card and said to call when she wanted to join us on a trip. She really wants to go. She was buying stuff to give her child a birthday party. She was smart buying at the Dollar Tree. As I turned to leave, the HS did it to me again. Why else would he place a once homeless lady behind me in line? Why would she bother to strike up a conversation? I turned back and paid her ticket, and said "the party's on me." She was so shocked, yet so grateful. My heart was full. Maybe I'll hear from her one day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment